5. News Letter

2020 - 01

페이지 정보

작성자 TI 조회 2,153 작성일 21-01-31 19:04

본문

f8523d65b97c6cb1fcf0f982bebc5492_1611643477_0297.gif

Go and make disciples of all nations!

- Matt 28:19 NIV -

∴ Date : 2020-01-01 

▶ TI Editorial

For His Vision and His Value

2i1iv9jr8.jpg

Johnny Chun / Executive Secretary of TI

Zig Ziglar’s book,“ Steps to the top” writes, "The road to success is filled with people who fail." The road to success is filled

with failures because people who become successful are those who are not afraid to try whatever it is."

In Mexico, there is a beautiful statue that bears the unusual title, "In Spite Of ". The name was given to honor the sculptor.

During the time he was creating the statue, the sculptor met an accident and lost his right hand. But he was so determined

to finish the statue that he learned how to chisel with his left hand.   So the statue was entitled, "In Spite Of" because the

sculptor completed his work. in spite of his handicap.

In many countries, we meet tentmakers and missionaries who sacrifice their lives for the gospel in spite of difficulties, problems and persecutions. Christian workers, Tentmakers who serve in the global work-places  face a lot of difficulties and experience  failures,  despairs and perils almost every day but they are

willing to press on toward the holy goal by faith in spite of all kinds of obstacles.  They still are running the race to make people around the world know Christ, and make them as the true disciples of Christ.  And we are proud of them as fellow workers.

May God continue His beautiful life work through your precious ministry IN SPITE OF difficulties, obstacles and problems in 2020!

Happy New Year!

▶ Tentmaker's Story

The Expatriate Trap

By  Ari Rocklin

* expat – a person taking up residency in another country.

Being with other expats brings much joy.  This joy gives a sense of normalcy, community, security, and familiarity. But in the midst of the host nation culture  it can become an obstacle to ministry. It may remove you from opportunities to learn and interact with local people. This as you well know, is the reason you

have come.

The more expats you get to know, the more invitations you will receive to special occasions.  Their birthdays, anniversaries, and holiday celebrations start eating away at your non-work time.  One day you realize (I hope) that almost all your free time is now spent away from local people.

Spending time with people from cultures similar to your own easily becomes your safe haven. It lets you escape the realities  and challenges of being with

local people.  It takes you away from people of your host nation and coworkers from other nations.  But these are the very people who do not have access to

the Gospel in their homelands.

The International Church

The ultimate expat trap is being too involved in the international church. This is the same church that in almost all closed countries forbid their own people

from attending. Your isolation from local people is complete whenever you are in an international church.

Let me hasten to add that going to church is vital for your own spiritual welfare and not attending (especially if the authorities know you are a Christian)

would bring some level of suspicion. Becoming so involved in the church that you have little or no time left for developing relationships with locals is a tragedy and a huge loss for the Kingdom.

Here is one story I have heard more than once

A young man spent years preparing to be a tentmaker in a specific, very closed country. He prayed passionately and regularly at home and even started a

prayer group for the people of this country. Through his passion the church even adopted this people group. He could not talk about this people group without

tears welling up.

Then he finally left and on the first Sunday in his new country, he attended the international church. The email from him on Monday said: “You know, I have always had a dream of being a worship leader and I can’t believe that the expat church offered me a full-time position as worship leader! This must be the

reason God brought me here! I am so excited.”

Do you think God gave him such a passion and love for this people group and then instead led this western man to be a worship leader in a church that

already had many African believers leading culturally familiar worship?