5. News Letter

2019 - 03

페이지 정보

작성자 TI 조회 1,990 작성일 21-01-31 18:54

본문

f8523d65b97c6cb1fcf0f982bebc5492_1611643477_0297.gif

Go and make disciples of all nations!

- Matt 28:19 NIV -

∴ Date : 2019-03-01

quadrangle-7.giffontS.php?body_no=3732659&pidx=161215810

Tentmakers are not for business but for ministry

5auvelwwu.jpg

Johnny Chun / Executive Secretary of TI

Here is a good lesson for tentmakers who work and serve Him abroad.

A man left his house for Church one Sunday just as his neighbor was loading his golf clubs into his car. " Henry,"

the neighbor called, "come play golf with me today." Henry answered firmly, "I always go to church on Sunday."

After a pause the golfer said, " You know, Henry, I've often wondered about your church and I really admire your

faithfulness. But I've invited you to play golf with me seven or eight times, and you've never once invited me to go

to church with you."

We tentmakers are to take the initiative to build the point of contact and we are to make the most opportunity in our workplaces to share

the gospel.

But many Christian workers like Henry don’t take the initiative while working in their work-places. They just spend their time at work and only

believe in “life style evangelism.”

But Jesus wants us to show mercy and love to those who need salvation, not just go through the motions of our own religious beliefs. 
   Jesus ordered us to go and make disciples. Therefore, we need to know the reason why God called us as tentmakers.

As Christian workers, we are to consider the destiny of people without Christ. If you are a tentmaker (Christian worker), your compassion

should be greater than your comfortable routine or your fear of rejection. Your uncomfortable routine or devotion sometimes can be “ someone’s

everlasting life and hope. We all know ” No pain, no gain is a common biblical principle.“

May God continue to bless your serving heart!

“Without lay people involved in world evangelism, the task will never be completed.” -William Kerr-

quadrangle-7.giffontS.php?body_no=3732659&pidx=161215823

The Missional Nomad

By  Ari Rocklin / Tentmaking Today

< Who is a Digital Nomad?>

If you search the internet using the words “Digital Nomad” you will be surprised at the sheer volume of articles, websites and blogs dedicated

to this fairly modern phenomenon.

Here is a generally accepted definition:
       “Digital nomads are people who use telecommunications technologies to earn a living and, more generally, conduct their life in a nomadic manner.”
        This relatively new trend allows them to become location independent and constantly move between cities as countries while working remotely.”

These Digital Nomads are then free to travel and experience new cultures while being supported by their online jobs. An increasing number of

retired people are also doing this while being partially supported by their home country pension plans.

What a perfect tentmaking opportunity and lifestyle!

< What then is a Missional Nomad? >

“Missional Nomads travel the world while intentionally seeking to making disciples.”
         Missional Nomads are people who use telecommunications technologies to earn a living and conduct their life in a nomadic manner.

As they go, they desire to live missionally and seek to make disciples.

Missional Nomad Lifestyle – means relying on the internet to financially sustain a modern nomadic life. This allows them to become location

independent, moving between countries while working remotely. This lifestyle includes living missionally and intentionally sharing one’s faith.

< What are the challenges? >

Living a nomadic lifestyle means not staying in one place for long. Hoping to win local people to Christ, discipling them and starting a house

church is probably not realistic. However, befriending local people, sharing your story of faith, perhaps having a Bible study with seekers and

discipling them is well within the scope for possibility. If there is a local church, it is vital that these seekers are encouraged to attend.

If Missional Nomads go to countries where proselytizing is against the law and no local church exists, then it becomes even more challenging

and possibly dangerous to “do evangelism” as they have learned in their home countries. But there is always a way to plant seeds and live a

lifestyle that elicits questions about faith matters. Answering questions is seldom if ever against any laws.

< What are the benefits? >

Missional Nomads love to travel, to learn about new cultures, to get to know new people in their own communities. Combine this with a desire

to make Jesus known and you have a valid platform for living missionally while being a traveler.

A known timeline also helps to focus on priorities. How do I get the Bible in the local language to people? Is there a church that I can attend?

How can I legally share my faith? Figuring out answers to these basic questions will help you get started.

< What about retirees who love to travel? >

How many people do you know who spend winters in abroad? Three months? Six months a year? Are you one of them? There is nothing wrong

with enjoying beach time, playing golf, pursuing hobbies, volunteering and getting to know people.

But what if you could do a bit more? Maybe a lot more. You already meet new people and spend time with them. You may also notice people

whom you could help in some way (without giving them money). Do you dare ask God how He could use you in planting seeds of faith?

Retired nomads have even more time than those who still have to make money through their digital nomad life. Next time you travel somewhere,

take it up to a new level, for the benefit of the Kingdom.